BUSINESS ANALYST - specializing in outsourcing, university-industry collaboration, innovation, and biopharmaceuticals
University College Cork UCC, Ireland - collaborating with Dr. Lawrence Dooley of the Management and Marketing Department (January 2010 - Present)
About UCC: UCC has consistently been ranked as one of the top universities in Ireland (Sunday Times University Guide).
Dr. Dooley Webpage: http://www.ucc.ie/en/mgt/Staff/Lecturers/DrLawrenceDooley/
• Currently collaborating with an Irish university remotely from the United States.
• Co-authored a paper entitled "Understanding Collaboration within University-industry Knowledge Networks" for the 2010 R&D Management Conference in Manchester (click here to download tiny.cc/gq64v).
- Project involved case study analyses.
• Lead author on a paper entitled "The Entrepreneurial University and Underlying Academic Tensions", short-listed for publication in 'Technovation' (Impact Factor 1.907).
- Project involved analyzing interview transcripts, and building a case study based on the information collected during my postgraduate research.
• Authored a third paper entitled “An Exploratory Study of the Use of Outsourcing as a Strategy within the Manufacturing Sector of the Global Biopharmaceutical Industry”.
- Project involved analyzing interview transcripts, and examining information from a larger exploratory study.
Core Findings from the Biopharmaceuticals Study:
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations are likely to benefit from building deep trusting relationships with biopharmaceutical companies, developing proprietary technologies, and focusing marketing efforts on Mavens (reputable industry experts).
- Our analysis confirms that the Irish Government's recent efforts to develop the contract manufacturing sector within the biopharmaceutical industry are both strategically prudent and economically advantageous.
- The growth of strategic alliances within the greater pharmaceutical industry was found to represent a classic entrepreneurial response (Mintzberg, 1973; Naman and Slevin, 1993) to increasing environmental turbulence.
|Dr Dooley - Reference Letter.jpg||1.14 MB|